How to get in touch with us.
CALL FOR APPLICANTS
Position: Accounting Assistant
Area of Assignment : Quezon City, Metro Manila
Date Posted : 11 February, 2016
Deadline of Applications : 5:00PM, 19 February 2016
The Gerry Roxas Foundation (GRF) is one of the oldest foundations in the Philippines. It was founded by the late Senator Gerry Roxas in 1958. Today, GRF has evolved into a premier social development institution with programs in Leadership Development, Barangay Justice, Community Outreach and Governance.
In recognition of its role as a major player in strengthening civil society organizations, on August 2013, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded GRF a 5-year contract to manage a grant-making facility for non-state institutions through the Philippine-American Fund project.
Gerry Roxas Foundation is now seeking experienced applicants for the Accounting Assistant position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting under the Accounting Officer, the Accounting Assistant is responsible for the processing of financial transactions.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare and process Cash Receipts, Cash Disbursement and Journal Vouchers;
- Maintenance of Accounting books and account ledgers that include: Register and Journal Books for Cash Receipts, Disbursement and Journal transactions, General ledger for individual accounts, Subsidiary ledger for cash advances, receivables, payables and inter-fund accounts and other related accounts;
- Ensure completeness of required supporting documents before processing payments;
- Ensures that vouchers are completely stamped with PAID and dated;
- Participate in the preparation of financial work plan/budget;
- Assist Accounting Officer in tracking cash advances, receivables and payables and other accounts as needed.
- Assist Accounting officer in audit and government compliance requirements;
- Assist the Accounting Officer in the preparation and processing of BIR Remittances for monthly and annual Expanded Withholding Taxes; and
- Perform other tasks as may be required by the Accounting Officer.
- Candidate must have a Bachelors degree in Accountancy.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience as Accounting/Finance Assistant or Bookkeeper
- Knowledgeable in automated Accounting Systems
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Must be keen to details
- Can work well under pressure
- Proficient in computer applications
Qualified candidates should submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a cover letter highlighting relevant experience(s), and a list of three references with contact information. Please indicate the position you are applying for. Deadline for submission of applications is at 5:00 PM, 19 February 2016. Only short- listed applicants will be contacted by GRF.
Send applications via email to: email@example.com
Articles by Year
Articles by Category